Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Little Squirrely

I was jogging with a friend this weekend and we came across two baby squirrels abandoned by their mother. They were not going to make it on their own so I decided to bring them home. Alexia LOVED getting to hold and feed the squirrels. When we asked her if she wanted to hold the squirrel, she immediately put out her hands. We then set one of them on her knee in her lap and she thought that was the coolest thing ever. She went around the rest of the day saying "knee, knee, knee" and pointing at her knee. We did find a wildlife rehab place in Sioux City, and I dropped the two brothers off this afternoon. They will be well cared for and released this fall. They were pretty darn cute, but I don't think it would have been wise to try to raise two squirrels, a toddler and two dogs, not to mention the fish and crayfish.














No comments:

Post a Comment