Photos and stories about Alexia and Adaline, for her family and friends.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Sailing
While my parents were here, we finally worked to figure out how to rig up my Mom's old styrofoam sailboat. We had two extra pieces that we don't know where they went and we seemed to be missing a rope and a cleat. But we eventually figured something out, and got it out in the water. We tested it out on Grass lake in Maplewood State Park. My Mom and I took the maiden voyage. I didn't go fast enough for her but we managed not to tip over. Then I took Alexia out, and we were both a little nervous. I had no idea what I was really doing. We leaned to far in one direction and tipped the boat over. The good news is we managed to right the ship and get back on the boat with a little help from my Dad in a Kayak. He had to get all the aquatic vegetation off the tip of the mast. :-) Overall, it was a success, and hopefully we can get it out more next summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment