Friday, August 3, 2012

Tallest Peak East of the Rockies

Chris, Alexia, Mandi and I hiked Harney Peak one morning. Harney Peak is the tallest peak east of the Rocky Mountains. It was a 6.5 mile hike. We went early to do some bird watching and were the only people on the trail for a while and saw some good birds. We all got one lifer, the Three-toed Woodpecker. Then Mandi and I took off and hiked to the top of the mountain while Lexi got to keep Chris company while he kept birding. Mandi and I made it to the top, which had a fire tower and a TON of chipmunks that were very used to being fed, and I think Mandi got pictures of most of them. Chris and Lexi almost made it to the top behind us. On our way down people were streaming past us. It was the most used hiking trail I have seen in a long time. I was very glad we went early. Lexi enjoyed the time outside. She did some observing and some sleeping.










No comments:

Post a Comment