We had two whole days at Grand Canyon which was nice. We didn't feel so rushed. On day two we hiked a short way down the Bright Angel Trail. Alexia wanted to keep going. I think she will be my hiker. Chris much prefers to take it slow and photograph everything, which is more of Addi's jam. We hiked to the lower tunnel where my sisters and I had posed over 30 years earlier. The rocks look pretty much the same. Addi sat down to tie her shoe and a squirrel practically jumped in her lap looking for food. Rain was starting to move in, in the evening but the girls and I wanted to go watch the sunset over the canyon. So we chose a look out point and took the shuttle out. We lucked out because the other look out points looked like they were getting thunder storms, but we had an incredible rainbow and sunset. The rainbow went all the way from the top of the rim down into the canyon so it looked like 3/4 of a circle. I have never seen so much rainbow at once. I got the downward arc, but I didn't get a very good picture of the whole thing. There was so much lightning happening nearby that the electricity in the air was also causing our hair to stand up. Alexia's was the funniest. It was just sticking straight up into the air. The sunset over the canyon was beautiful.


No comments:
Post a Comment