Friday, November 8, 2024

Girl's Adventure to Texas

The girls did their first trip away from home without Chris and I this summer. They spent two weeks in Texas with Chris's parents and family. Pat and Glenn drove up to Omaha, and we drove down and met them there. We attempted to get to the Creighton bookstore before they closed but failed. We did have dinner in the Old Market at Upstream, ice cream at Ted and Wally's and then we spent the next day at the Omaha Zoo. I hadn't yet seen their updated African elephant exhibit. The zoo was great as always, and goodbye was hard, especially for Addi. They drove straight to Conroe the next day to pick up the dogs and run back to Austin to avoid the hurricane. It was the first hurricane of the summer for the girls. They got a lot of extra cousin time in hanging out in Austin for the first week of their trip. The second week of the trip Pat and Glenn rented a Condo at Mustang Towers down near Port Aransas, and Chris flew down to join them and go fishing. I don't have any beach pictures, but I am assured they all had a blast spending the week at the beach before flying home with Chris. 

 














 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment