Sunday, July 13, 2025

Rhode Island

 I think Rhode Island was one of my favorite days of the trip. We just did a day trip there from Chad and Tracy's house. Rhode Island is SO SMALL! We got a hot tip on a beach that is a state park and spent the morning there. We saw lots of horseshoe crabs and the dunes were very pretty. We also really lucked out with timing. Parking was easy and there were no crowds because the New England schools were still in session. After a picnic lunch, we drove along the coast to Newport. I didn't realize it was on an island and we drove over some very cool bridges and bays on the way. The bays were FULL of very colorful sailboats, which was super cool to see. I guess Newport is where the rich people from New York would spend the summer, and there are a lot of old mansions. We toured the Vanderbilt mansion, which was called the Breakers. It was definitely impressive, and the opulence of it made an impression on girls. Then we walked along the cliffs to enjoy the view for a little while and had a good seafood dinner and ice cream before heading back to CT. Actually, the girls didn't eat any seafood, but Chris and I had good fish tacos. 













 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment